134 N. Main Street, Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
At just 40 years old, Blake Massengill is one of the youngest mayors in Wake County, but he certainly isn’t new to public service or the political scene. Blake is serving his second term as Mayor of Fuquay-Varina, having served as Mayor Pro Tempore for six years prior. He was first elected to the Fuquay-Varina Town Board in 2013 after serving several years on the Town Planning Board.
Deeply rooted in Fuquay-Varina since the age of two, Blake has not only chosen to build his business, Massengill Design-Build, in the town but has also chosen to raise his family here. As a two-generation family-owned construction business owner, he understands the challenges faced by small businesses. His company, Massengill Design-Build, has been honored with several awards throughout the years. In 2014, Blake was named Wake County Builder of the Year, and in 2019, he was named the NC Distinguished Builder of the Year by the NC Home Builders Association.
Blake, alongside his wife Heather, is an active participant in community affairs, balancing their commitment to family with their dedication to the town. Jake, age 8, and Anna, age 6, keep the Massengill household busy and on the go.
Blake holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a Master of Business Administration degree from North Carolina State University.
As mayor, Blake prioritizes transportation, economic development, community engagement, and resident well-being. If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact Blake, as he strongly thinks that good government starts with a conversation. That’s why you will see him out in public and at events.
Mayor Duties and Responsibilities
- Preside over all Town Board meetings
- Stay informed as to the business of the Town
- Appoint committees and outline their powers and duties as the Town Board may direct
- Make recommendations as deemed necessary or expedient to the Town Board
- Appear on behalf of the Town at public events and occasions
- Serve as an official spokesperson on behalf of the Town Board
- Appoint the four committees of the Town Board
- Serve as a representative of the Town on various committees and boards
- January 2012 - Appointed to the Planning Board
- December 2013 - Elected to Fuquay-Varina Town Board of Commissioners to serve 4-year term.
- December 2015 - Elected by Town Board as Mayor Pro Tempore to serve 2-year term.
- December 2017 - Elected to Fuquay-Varina Town Board of Commissioners to serve 4-year term.
- December 2017 - Elected by Town Board as Mayor Pro Tempore to serve 2-year term.
- December 2019 - Elected by Town Board as Mayor Pro Tempore to serve 2-year term.
- December 2021 - Elected as Mayor to serve a 2-year term.
- CAMPO, Executive Board
- NC Metropolitan Mayors Coalition, Executive Board
- Chamber of Commerce, Ex-Officio