134 N. Main Street
Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
Jason Wunsch is an attorney and founded the Wunsch Law Firm in 2001. Wunsch practices in both District and Superior Court with Criminal and Civil Cases. He graduated from Campbell Law School,Mars Hill College, and has studied public administration at that UNC School of Government. Wunsch has served as a per diem Assistant District Attorney and as President of the Harnett County Bar Association from 2008-2009. He is also a business partner in Too Good to Be Healthy, a shake and tea bar located near the Campbell University campus.
Since 2014, Wunsch has managed the award winning Facebook page Today in the Quay, which is dedicated to sharing daily, positive news about the local community. He has also served as a board member and board liaison to the Fuquay-Varina Arts Council, a board member with the Harnett Regional Theatre, and is the former President of the Lillington Rotary Club.
Two things Wunsch has been passionate about while serving Fuquay-Varina has been promoting the arts and the Town’s parks. Wunsch served on the committee that studied the Town’s need to build an Arts Center and he has been an advocate for the continual development and growth of the Town’s recreational facilities.
Wunsch has a teenage daughter, Brookelyn, who resides with him in Fuquay-Varina.
Board of Commissioners Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting, selecting, and hiring a Town Manager and recognizing the role of a professional manager to serve the governing board as a whole
- Establish the general framework under which the Town can meet the needs of the community
- Appoint a Town Attorney
- Set direction by clarifying the Town's mission and purposes and by setting goals for the short and long term
- Adopt policies and ordinances
- Engage in strategy development (annual retreat)
- Understand its own legal and ethical responsibilities
- Enhancing the Town's public image
- Provide citizens opportunities to respectfully comment on public issues
- Making sure that resources are adequate to serve the public and are used for their intended purposes
- Channeling communications appropriately to the Town Manager
- Expecting staff to make independent and objective recommendations
- December 2013 - Elected to Fuquay-Varina Town Board of Commissioners to serve 4 year term
- December 2017 - Elected to Fuquay-Varina Town Board of Commissioners to serve 4 year term
Current Town Board of Commissioner Committees
- Public Safety Committee, Chairman
- Economic Development Committee, Member
- Triangle J Council of Governments, Alternate Representative
- Fuquay-Varina Arts Council - Town Liaison