Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
- Please allow 45 days for processing (60 days with Temporary Road Closure Addendum). - Fees must be paid prior to processing. - Incomplete applications may delay or prevent processing.
Please include set up/ break down dates, times and description.
- If event is a parade, demonstration, or march, applicants must complete a Fuquay-Varina Police Department Permit for Parade, Picket Lines and/or Group Demonstrations Form.
- If event requires temporary road closures, please fill out the Application for Special Event Temporary Road Closure Addendum.
- Race/Parade events require pre-submittal meeting with events personnel.
Attach a copy of ABC Temporary Extension of Premises.
Event Sponsor will be responsible for ensuring that the signs and sign locations meet the Town's requirement.
Maximum of 32 Square Feet
Maximum of 14 Days
Minimum of 10 Feet From Road
Maximum of 4 Signs
Maximum of 42 Inches
Person available during event
The following information shall be provided and approved by the Town prior to the event. Town approval of this application shall not be construed to grant the event sponsor (applicant) herein referenced permission to utilize any location other than the location listed below.
By typing your name into this field, you authorize that Town of Fuquay-Varina to consider this an electronic signature.
The Town of Fuquay-Varina reserves the right to require the presence of police officer(s) at any event. Should the event call for police presence, the organization sponsoring the even will be require to pay the Town a fee equivalent to the compensation expense (at time and a half) for making the officer available during the event.
If Police personnel are needed, applicants are required to complete a Fuquay-Varina Police Department Personnel Agreement for the payment of off-duty officers.
Provide a detailed site plan sketch of the event layout. Include maps, outline, or diagram, of the entire event venue, including the names of all streets or areas that are part of the venue and the surrounding area. Include the following information (if applicable).
- Location of the event/activities on the property showing adjacent streets/roads and boundaries.
- Location of temporary structures that will be used during the event. Must indicate size of temporary structures, distance between temporary structures and roads/parking.
- Identify how each temporary structure will be used (type of vendor, food preparations, alcohol sales, amplifies sound/stage, tents, portable toilets, etc.)
- Location of all food trucks. Show distances between food trucks and between food trucks and adjacent buildings (minimum of 10 feet).
- Identify location of cooking devices and open flames. Identify type of cooking fuel used (propane, electric, charcoal, catered, etc.)
Location of all fencing, barricades, or other restrictions that will impair access to and from the event or property.
- Location of all Police and Emergency Responders (if applicable)
- Identify all parking areas (include all handicap accessible areas)
- Identify alternate parking areas if event space includes use of any available parking (public parking areas may not be used as alternate parking.
- Identify the proposed locations for emergency access lanes (minimum of 20 feet wide) throughout the event site.
- Describe planned arrangements to resolve conflicts with people trying to reach businesses, their residences, places of worship, and public facilities including public transportation.
- Location of fire hydrants.
- Location of first aid facilities.
- Location of power sources/generators and fuel storage.
- Location of garbage receptacles, town trash bins, and recycle rollouts.
- Event parking restrictions must be noted on site plan/route map.
Attach a copy of the Site Plan.
Events using Town property require evidence of insurance and completion of the Hold Harmless Agreement before final permit approval. Please provide a certificate of insurance, which shows a minimum of $2,000,000 in commercial general liability insurance and a police endorsement which indemnifies and hold harmless the Town of Fuquay-Varina and all its agencies and departments. Some events may require a higher limit of insurance. Event sponsor (applicant) must list the aforementioned parties as additional insured on their certificate of insurance.
Attach a copy of the Certificate of Insurance.
- Permits- Please note that all components of the event are subject to approval by the Town Manager's Office and may also require approval by and/or permit(s) from other Town agencies and departments. It is the responsibility of the applicant to secure all necessary Town of Fuquay-Varina permits and to submit the required payment for permits prior to said event.
- Event Notification and Communication- Event sponsor (applicant) will be responsible for contacting all individuals, residents, and businesses who will be impacted by the event.
- Vendor Compliance- The Town of Fuquay-Varina requires the event sponsor (applicant) to disclose if there are plans to have food vendors, the selling of products/concessions, the use of fireworks, large outside public assemblage, and the closing of public parking lots. All vendors must comply with all applicable regulatory permitting agencies' requirements.
My Signature below indicates that everything I have stated in this application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I have read, understand and agree to abide by the policies, rules and regulations of the Town of Fuquay-Varina as they pertain to my request. The permit, if granted, is not transferable and is revocable at any time at the absolute discretion of the Town of Fuquay -Varina's Town Manager's Office (or designee). My signature below indicates consent to any inspection by any Town staff member. All programs and facilities of the Town of Fuquay-Varina are open to all citizens regardless of race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, or disability.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field