Modified Stay-at-Home - Update Jan. 8, 2021
Governor Cooper has extended North Carolina's that requires people to be at home from 10 pm – 5 am to last through at least Jan. 29.
Together we can save lives and protect hospital capacity so anyone who gets sick for any reason can get the care they need.
- Wear a mask at all times and maintain physical distance (at least 6 feet) from people when you leave your home.
- Stay home. Only go out for essential activities like work, school, health care or caring for family or buying food.
- Avoid gathering with people that you do not live with. If you cannot avoid being with other people, stay outside and keep it very small. Do not do things where you need to take off your mask, like eating or drinking.
- If you were with people that you do not live with, you should assume you may have become infected and get .
The E.O. 181 (original order) requires restaurants, bars, entertainment venues, personal care businesses and more to close at 10 pm. Travel to and from work; to obtain food, medical care, fuel or social services; or to take care of a family member is exempted. Read more in the
Find an update on North Carolina’s map.
NCDHHS recently updated its COVID-19 vaccination plan to align with new federal recommendations. Wake County Vaccination information.
The changes simplify the vaccine process and continue the state’s commitment to first protect health care workers caring for patients with COVID-19, people who are at the highest risk of being hospitalized or dying, and those at high risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Because COVID-19 vaccine supplies are currently limited, states must make vaccines available in phases. Vaccines are now available to people 75 and older. Those who are 75 and older may have to wait, but they have one of the first spots to take their shot.
For more information about the COVID-19 vaccine rollout in NC, go to the Your Spot, Your Shot website.
Are playgrounds open?
- All Town playgrounds are open. We encourage you to practice social distancing, to wash/sanitize hands and follow all CDC guidelines.
- All restroom facilities at parks are open on their normal schedule with enhanced cleaning. Please note that some park restroom facilities “normal schedule” is to open when scheduled activities are taking place, and that parks are open from dawn to dusk with the exception of approved programming under lights.
- The Fitness Room located at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center is open with limited capacity as outlined by NCDHHS guidelines. Those using the Exercise Room will be required to social distance, wear a face covering. Town staff will be practicing enhanced cleaning procedures, and patrons are required to wipe down fitness equipment before and after use. Patrons should not visit the Community Center if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have had recent exposure to COVID-19, or while awaiting COVID test results.
- The Outdoor Basketball Court will remain closed. The Town is not allowing any competitive contact sports at our facilities at this time.
- Children five years and older must wear masks in public.
- The limit on mass gatherings remains at 10 individuals indoors and 50 individuals outdoors.
High-Risk Individuals are to Stay at Home – people over the age of 65 or older and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions.
Social Distancing Recommendations
- Maintain a distance of at least six (6) feet
- Carry and use hand sanitizer
- Wash hands.
Fuquay-Varina Town Hall is open for the following services: Utility Business, Permitting Business, and Planning submittals only.
Residents who visit Town Hall will be asked to adhere to social distancing requirements of 6 feet in distance (marked in our lobby) and wearing a mask. Customers will be asked a series of CDC recommended screening questions prior to entering our lobby. For the safety of our staff and guests visiting the lobby, our staff will wear personal protective gear. All town facilities will continue to be disinfected on a regular basis. Public hours at this facility will be Monday-Friday from 8 AM – 5 PM Although walk-in customers are accepted, the Town highly encourages residents to continue to utilize our online services and the utility payment drop box located directly behind Town Hall on E. Jones Street.
The following facilities are open to the public consistent with CDC and NC DHHS guidelines:
- Fuquay-Varina Arts Center*
- Fuquay-Varina Community Center (Monday-Friday 8 AM – 5 PM)*
- Limited programming at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, Fuquay-Varina Parks Facilities, and the Fuquay-Varina Arts Center. All participation will require preregistration.
- Fuquay-Varina Dog Park
- Picnic Shelters (Provided 6 foot social distancing can be maintained between individuals not in the same household.)
- Greenways and tennis courts
* Customers visiting these facilities will be asked to adhere to social distancing requirements of 6 feet in distance (marked in our lobby) and wearing a mask. Customers will be asked a series of CDC recommended screening questions prior to entering the lobby. Only participants attending a registered class or program will be permitted to enter the facility past the lobby. The Town will be following NC DHHS guidelines for physical distancing and disinfection practices within these facilities. The gymnasium and indoor fitness programs remain closed at this time. No rentals will be permitted in either facility until further notice.
Town Business Continues
Please check department landing pages on our website for how each department is handling work flow. In many instances, there is an online solution. Where an online solution is not available, our team is working to accommodate the needs of citizens and businesses. Here's a few ways that you can continue to conduct business with the Town and not have to come to a public facility.
|General Questions||919-552-1400||Contact Us Form|
|Utility Questions||919-552-1404||Online Bill Pay|
|Parks Programming||919-552-1430||Online PRCR Registration|
|Arts Programming||919-567-3920||Online Arts Registration|
|Police Records||FVPD Crash Docs|
|Inspections Permits||919-552-1433||Permit Process|
|Plan Submittal||919-552-1429||Plan Submittal Process|