Town Hall Move
Town officials and staff are excited to announce that our new Town Hall facility is nearing completion and is scheduled to open to the public on July 22, 2019. For services provided at Town Hall, continue to use 401 Old Honeycutt Road until close of business on July 19, 2019. No service interruption is expected.
We look forward to showing off our new home at 134 N. Main Street to residents beginning Monday, July 22, 2019. Soon after the official move, we plan on hosting a dedication ceremony and open house. Information on that event will be available soon!
Here's what you need to know about the new Town Hall:
New Town Hall Location: 134 N. Main Street, Fuquay-Varina
Town Hall History:
- The Town’s first administrative building was located on Fuquay Avenue in Downtown in what is currently known as the DMV and History Museum.
- In 1987, Town Hall moved to a 14,200 SF newly constructed facility located at 401 Old Honeycutt Road. At that time, the Town had 57 employees and a population of 4,000.
- Due to the Town’s rapid population growth, the former Bob Barker headquarters in downtown was purchased in 2017 to provide a larger facility to accommodate the increased demand in services.
- In early 2019, construction began on the new Town Hall that will double work space to almost 30,000 SF allowing staff to more effectively and efficiently serve the town’s growing population which is currently more than 28,000 citizens.
- The new Town Hall located at 134 N. Main Street is scheduled to open to the public on July 22, 2019 (barring any unforeseen construction issues).
New Town Hall Design Features:
The new Town Hall has been designed to enhance both the staff work environment and customer service experience. Departments that work closely with one another have been grouped together allowing for better collaboration while numerous conference rooms will allow for more meeting space. The layout combined with improved technology will work together for a better overall experience.
There will be two customer service windows for utility payments as well as a customer service window for permitting and planning. Located in the lobby, these customer service windows can be accessed via the main entrance on Main Street or by elevator from the parking deck.
A drive-up window for payments will not be available at the new Town Hall.
Parking at Town Hall:
Public parking while conducting business at the new Town Hall is available in the parking deck located underneath the facility which can be accessed via W. Jones Street.
The Town is also adding several on-street parking spaces on N. Main Street directly in front of the Town Hall building.
Town Board Chambers:
Citizens will find the new Town Board meeting room doubles seating capacity from 99 to 200 seats to encourage greater public participation. The Mayor will have an office located in Town Hall.
The first Town Board meeting in the new Town Hall will be August 5, 2019 at 7 pm.
What’s next for the building at 401 Old Honeycutt Road?
Immediately following the Town Hall move to 134 N. Main Street, construction will begin on the building at 401 Old Honeycutt Road to transform it into the Police Department’s new home.