The Fuquay-Varina Police Department is among the first law enforcement agencies in North Carolina to join the Neighbors app by Ring available via iOS/Android to provide the Fuquay-Varina community with real-time, local crime and safety information.
The Neighbors network already has millions of users and has been instrumental in catching package thieves, stopping burglaries, and keeping neighborhoods safe.
Residents can download the free Neighbors app, join their neighborhood, and use the app to: monitor neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from their neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team.
“The Fuquay-Varina Police Department is excited to partner with Ring and our community to work together to create safer neighborhoods through the use of technology and enhanced communication methods. By working together, we achieve our goals of creating a safer Fuquay-Varina.” said Fuquay-Varina Police Chief Laura Fahnestock.
Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and Founder of Ring, said: “Over the past few years we have learned that, when neighbors, the Ring team and law enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities. We’re excited to have the Fuquay-Varina Police Department join Neighbors and applaud their leadership in utilizing this free and effective tool to engage residents with up-to-date local crime and safety information while maintaining neighbor privacy first and foremost.”
How It Works
- Download the Neighbors app on iOS and Android here: https://download.ring.com/fuquayvarina or by texting ‘FVPD’ to 555888 from your smartphone.
- Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
- Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
- Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
- View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map.
- Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices.
- Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.