Fuquay-Varina is thriving. The community that once was built on tobacco and farming is now the fastest growing town in the State of North Carolina. Our population is expected to approach 35,000 by the year 2020. Fuquay-Varina's rich history provides roots that grow deep and wide, yet her branches welcome newcomers from all corners of the globe. Proximity to employment centers, a rich quality of life and a small town atmosphere with plenty of amenities continues to draw people to our town.
Great Place to Live
MoneyGeek has ranked Fuquay-Varina as the #1 Safest Small Town in North Carolina in January 2021. MoneyGeek's analysis of the Safest Small Cities and Towns in America reviewed 989 small cities and towns with populations between 30,000 and 100,000. Fuquay-Varina also ranked #76 in the country. Also in 2021, Safewise ranked Fuquay-Varina in the top 10 safest places to live in North Carolina.
Homes.com ranks Fuquay-Varina as the sixth Best Suburb in the Country to Move To in 2021. The study scored towns based on median home price, square footage, and price to income ratio as well as education scores, work-from-home index, and crime index, among others. Fuquay-Varina is the only North Carolina suburb to be represented in the top 10.
Fuquay-Varina is ranked among the safest towns in North Carolina for several years by: Home Security Advisor (2019); Alarms.org (2019), National Council for Home Safety and Security (2018); and Triangle Business Journal (2019).Niche listed Fuquay-Varina on the 2018 Best Places for Millennials in the Raleigh Area.
- Fuquay-Varina has been ranked as one of the Best Cities and Towns for First-Time Homebuyers by Apartment Therapy (June 2021)
- Named by LendEDU as the 6th Most Affordable Cities in North Carolina for Veteran Homebuyers in North Carolina (2020)
- Neighborhood.com named Fuquay-Varina as one of the Triangle's Best Suburban Towns for Young Families.
- Niche ranks Fuquay-Varina in the Top 25 Places to Live for Young Professionals in North Carolina (2021)
- Fuquay-Varina High School is home to three 2018 4-A North Carolina High School Athletic Association Championship winners including baseball, soccer and gymnastics. The 2018 FVHS Softball team was listed on USA Today's Top 25 High School Softball teams in the United States. FVHS Principal Jonathan Enns was named 2017 Wake County Principal of the Year and 2018 North Carolina Principal of the Year (North Central region). Fuquay-Varina High School has an excellent reputation in both academics and athletics.
- Fuquay-Varina is a North Carolina Main Street Community
Great Place to Work
- The Wake County Home Builder's Association awarded Fuquay-Varina the 2018 Local Government Staff Award (Dec. 2018).
The Town of Fuquay has a Standard and Poor's AAA bond rating. Only a handful of North Carolina towns enjoy this superior bond rating.
The Town of Fuquay-Varina also has the Aa1 rating from Moody's Investor Services.
Since 2014, the Certificate for Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting has been awarded to the Town of Fuquay-Varina by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for its comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR).