People are finding a dash more of what they are looking for in Fuquay-Varina!
Fuquay-Varina is thriving. The community that once was built on tobacco and farming is now one of the fastest growing towns in the State of North Carolina. Fuquay-Varina's rich history provides roots that grow deep and wide, yet her branches welcome newcomers from all corners of the globe. Proximity to employment centers, a rich quality of life and a small town atmosphere with plenty of amenities continues to draw people to our town.
Great Place to Live
Fuquay-Varina is a safe place to reside!
In 2023, MoneyGeek ranked Fuquay-Varina as the 3rd Safest Small Town in North Carolina.
In June 2023, SmartAsset set out to determine which U.S. suburbs are the safest. SmartAsset analyzed safety data for 370 suburbs of the 100 largest cities – and also compared the affordability of the safest areas. Fuquay-Varina ranked at No. 37 out of 370 or in the top 10%.
Also, in 2023, Safewise ranked Fuquay-Varina in the top 10 safest places to live in North Carolina.
In 2022, UpHomes ranked Fuquay-Varina the #1 Safest City in NC.
- WalletHub ranked Fuquay-Varina in the 90th percentile of Best Small Cities in America.
- Recognized by ETC Institute as a "National Top Performer" in 2023 in the top 10% of all local governments in the United States for quality and value of service provided to its residents (2023)
- Homes.com ranked Fuquay-Varina as the sixth Best Suburb in the Country to Move To in 2021. The study scored towns based on median home price, square footage, and price-to-income ratio as well as education scores, work-from-home index, and crime index, among others. Fuquay-Varina is the only North Carolina suburb to be represented in the top 10.
- Fuquay-Varina ranks as one of the Best Cities and Towns for First-Time Homebuyers by Apartment Therapy (June 2021)
- Named by LendEDU as the 6th Most Affordable Cities in North Carolina for Veteran Homebuyers in North Carolina (2020)
- In 2022, Zillow named Fuquay-Varina in the top 10 fastest-emerging dog-friendly cities in the U.S
- Neighborhood.com named Fuquay-Varina as one of the Triangle's Best Suburban Towns for Young Families.
- Niche ranks Fuquay-Varina in the Top 25 Places to Live for Young Professionals in North Carolina (2021)
- Fuquay-Varina is a North Carolina Main Street Community
Great Place to Work
- The Wake County Home Builder's Association awarded Fuquay-Varina the 2018 Local Government Staff Award (Dec. 2018).
The Town of Fuquay has a Standard and Poor's AAA bond rating. Only a handful of North Carolina towns enjoy this superior bond rating.
The Town of Fuquay-Varina also has the Aa1 rating from Moody's Investor Services.
Since 2014, the Certificate for Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting has been awarded to the Town of Fuquay-Varina by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for its comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR).