Garbage Collection Service
The Town provides weekly curbside garbage collection. Help us provide efficient, safe, and timely service by doing the following:
- Place your green garbage cart curbside the night before your scheduled service.
- Only include bagged household garbage in your cart (such as kitchen scraps and small items).
- Place any of the following items in your garbage cart: recyclables, yard waste, liquids, dirt, masonry, rock, metal, wood, building materials, ashes, loose diapers, loose animal waste, contractor waste, fluorescent light tubes, electronic waste, or hazardous waste.
- Put cardboard out with your garbage. Cardboard is picked up by the Town on your regular recycling day.
Garbage collection schedule:
Find your scheduled garbage collection day with our interactive map. When the map loads, expand the Town Information and Development layer group and turn on the Garbage Pickup Streets layer.
If your cart is cracked or damaged…
For garbage cart repairs or replacements, please call (919) 753-1027.
The Town picks up appliances for a $10 pre-paid fee for each appliance. Pickup MUST be scheduled and paid for by Friday at 5 p.m. at the Finance Office located in the John W. Byrne Municipal Building (134 N. Main Street). You may also pay at the drive-up window located across the street from the Municipal Building. Pickup is on Monday unless otherwise noted.
Please complete the appliance pick-up request form here.
The Town also picks up electronics for a $10 per visit fee. Pickup MUST be scheduled and paid for by Friday at 5 p.m. at the Finance Office located at 134 N. Main Street. Pick-up is on Monday unless otherwise noted. Please place electronics curbside after 7 p.m. on Sunday evening to ensure pickup.
Please complete the electronics pick-up request form here.
Electronics can also be dropped off free of charge at the Electronics Recycling Convenience Center at 820 S. Main Street.
Bulky Item Pickup
The Town picks up bulky items such as furniture, mattresses, box springs, and other large items.
Pickup for items that are too large to fit in your garbage cart is on Monday. Requests should be made by Friday at 5 p.m.
Please complete the bulky item pick-up request form here, or call (919) 753-1027. There is no fee for this residential customer service.
Please note, the town does not collect:
- construction materials
- treated wood or pallets
- hazardous waste materials
Visit Wake County Waste & Recycling for proper disposal of these items.
Commercial Garbage Collection
Commercial garbage pickup is provided on Monday and Thursday.
Recycling is collected every other Wednesday. Learn more about recycling collection here.