Board of Adjustment


  • 7 PM
  • The second Monday of each month
  • John W. Byrne Municipal Building, Board Room 
    134 N Main Street
    Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
View the meeting on Facebook or YouTube.

Agendas & Minutes

Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.

View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes

Board Schedule

Submittal Dates Meeting Dates
November 4, 2022 December 12, 2022
December 2, 2022 January 9, 2023
January 6, 2023 February 13, 2023
February 3, 2023 March 13, 2023
March 3, 2023 April 10, 2023
April 7, 2023 May 8, 2023
May 5, 2023 June 12, 2023
June 2, 2023 July 11, 2023
July 7, 2023 August 14, 2023
August 4, 2023 September 11, 2023
September 1, 2023 CANCELED - October 9, 2023
October 6, 2023 November 13, 2023
November, 3, 2023 December 11, 2023
December 1, 2023 TBA January, 2024


Name Title Representing
Dan Miller Chair ETJ
Jeff Jaeger Vice-Chair Municpal
William Hartman Member Municipal
Genel Lee Webb Member Municipal
Vacant Member Municipal
Michelle Braxton Member ETJ
Qisoundra Flowers Member Municipal
Andrew Rubley Alternate Municipal

Board of Adjustment members are appointed by the Town Board of Commissioners when residing in the corporate (city or municipal) limits. Board of Adjustment members who reside in the extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) are appointed by the Wake County Board of Commissioners with a recommendation by the Town Board.

About the Board

The Board of Adjustment serves as a quasi-judicial board to consider special exception, variance, and appeal petitions. The term “quasi-judicial” means that the Board follows a decision-making process similar to a court of law. Evidence is presented by Town Staff, as well as by proponents (including the petitioner) and opponents of a petition. Based on all evidence presented, as well as requirements established by the North Carolina General Statutes, the Board will decide whether to approve, approve with conditions or deny a petition. Because the Board of Adjustment is a quasi-judicial board, the Town Board of Commissioners cannot consider these petitions. Any interested party may appeal a decision of the Board of Adjustment in Wake County Superior Court.