Records & Reports

Filing a Police Report

In order to file a police report for an incident occurring within the Town of Fuquay-Varina, you must contact the Fuquay-Varina Police Department by phone at 919-552-3191 or stop by in person. Please have as much detailed information as possible when filing a report with appropriate identification, documentation and other information as needed.

Obtaining a Copy of a Police Report

You can obtain a copy of a police report in person at the Police Station between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or you can mail in your request. You must also include a $3 payment for all copies of police reports either in person or by mail. Most requests are processed within 48 hours.

The Police Department files DMV Reports monthly with the Department of Motor Vehicles. Motor Vehicle Wreck Reports can also be obtained from the N.C. Department of Motor Vehicles. Please contact Police Records at 919-552-1422 for more information.

Reports - Before You Call

The Fuquay-Varina Police Department receives thousands of phone calls per year. To save time and possible frustration, use this helpful checklist before calling the Police Department with a non-emergency inquiry or request:

  • Have a pen and paper on hand to write down information, names and contact information for future reference.
  • If you are calling to report or inquire about an incident, you need to know whether the incident occurred inside the Town Limits of Fuquay-Varina. If not, it may be one of the other agencies' jurisdictions within Wake County.
  • If you are inquiring about an incident that has already been reported, please have the case incident number or the date / approximate time / location in hand before calling. This will help our staff to quickly retrieve the incident information.
  • If you are inquiring about the status of your case investigation, you need to speak with the assigned investigator. If you do not know the name, or the phone number, for the assigned investigator, ensure you have the case number or the date/approximate time/location available so that an employee may research the case to determine the investigator for you.
  • If you are calling to add items to a stolen items or damages list after the initial report was taken, call 919-552-3191 to speak to an officer to request a supplemental report to add the additional items or damages to your case.
If you need to speak with a specific employee, call Police Communications at 919-552-3191 and follow their instructions to reach the employee.

Online Accident Reports

Obtain a traffic collision report online through CRASHDOCS by Carfax.  FVPD has a partnership with Carfax to provide traffic collision reports for the public through this site for a small fee.  CLICK HERE FOR COLLISION REPORT