The Town of Fuquay-Varina has implemented a public education program to educate the community about the impacts of stormwater discharges on local water bodies and the steps that can be taken to reduce stormwater pollution.
The Town has targeted several pollutants for educational needs such as sediment, litter, illegal dumping, improper disposal of waste, and nitrogen.
Employee Litter Sweep
The Town holds an annual Employee Litter Sweep to promote public awareness of one of our biggest pollutants - LITTER.
Through community events, school outreach, and Lunch and Learn events, the Town educates the general public, private development, and businesses on all things stormwater.
If you are interested in one of the below educational outreach events, contact Jennifer Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In-School Watershed Model Presentation (K-5)
- Custom In-School Stormwater Presentations (K-12)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Tour (Middle School, High School, and Wake Tech)
- Proper Grease Disposal for Restaurants (Local Businesses)
- Lunch and Learn - Private Stormwater Control Measure Maintenance (Summer 2022)
See also our Public Involvement & Participation website for ways to volunteer to help Keep Fuquay-Varina Clean!