Town of Fuquay-Varina Social Media Policy
The Town of Fuquay-Varina uses many vehicles to provide accurate, timely and relevant information to our citizens. We are pleased to provide this social media page and encourages you to submit your questions, concerns, ideas and other comments, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site. This page serves as a vehicle for official Town of Fuquay-Varina communications; therefore, any communications posted on this page, including your comments, are subject to public disclosure and may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records law.
We ask that you follow our posting guidelines:
1. The appearance of external links or advertisements on this site does not constitute an official endorsement.
2. Solicitations/advertisements are not allowed and will be removed from this site.
3. To ensure exchanges that are productive, informative, respectful of diverse viewpoints and lawful, we will review all comments and we will remove comments that are or include:
- Comments not relevant to the original topic being discussed, off topic, or which do not otherwise contribute to the public discourse
- Profane language or content.
- Content that threatens or defames any person or organization and or constitutes a personal attack on an individual or individuals.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates any unlawful discrimination.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale.
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
- Comments related to personnel matters.
- Comments in support of or in opposition to political campaigns
- We will remove comments and ban account profiles deemed to be from fake profiles.
Those who violate these guidelines may be subject to being blocked permanently from posting to the site, and the associated comments will be deleted.
4. If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1. Do not contact the Town via Facebook if you have an emergency.
5. Please contact the Town directly for service requests. Our main number is 919-552-1400. Our receptionist will direct you to the appropriate resource.