Subdivision: Kensley Grove
Construction of infrastructure is underway for Kensley Grove, to be located at 260 Bramblehill Drive. This development features 72 Townhome lots with 9.78 acres of open space on 14.93 acres.
Project Status: Under Construction
- Preliminary Plans in Review
- Preliminary Plans Approval
- Construction Plans in Review
- Construction Plans Approval
➙Construction of Infrastructure
- Construction of Homes
3000 RDU Center Drive; Suite 202
Morrisville, NC 27560
Arnold Land Design, PLC
113 Yosemite Court
Holly Springs, NC 27540
Residential High Density-Conditional Zoning District (RMD-CZD)
- Town Board Approval: 1/3/2022
The Town Board approved the request with the following conditions regarding the use of the subject property:
- Attached Townhomes
The Town Board approved the request with the following conditions regarding site specific standards:
- The extension of E Academy Street, from its existing terminus east of Bevis Marks / Bramblehill Drive to its terminus west of the creek crossing, shall be completed with the first phase of development.
- The architecture, along with the neighborhood's features in the common area structures, will be traditional or craftsman style.
- Common area residential structures will consist of a covered pavilion for mail kiosk with visitor parking, as well as a fenced in dog park. The dog park will include at a minimum a sunshade and benches, and dog activity apparatus (ex: doggie crawl, elevated dog walk, Rover jump over, or similar, etc.). Other amenities will include open lawn areas that will be HOA maintained for passive recreation.
- All residential housing will have at a minimum, a street-facing, enclosed single-car garage. Garage doors will be painted to complement the house trim or siding color, and will have either windows, decorative details, or carriage-style adornments. Garage doors shall not protrude more than 2’ from the primary façade of any home.
- A varied color palette shall be utilized on homes throughout the subdivision to include a minimum of three (3) color families for siding and may include varied trim, shutter, and accent colors complementing the siding color.
- Residential front entry doors will have either a minimum of 25% glazing, side lights or transom.
- All homes will have architectural shingles as the primary roof material. Accent materials such as standing seam metal roofs may be used on accent roof features.
- Exterior elevations shall use a combination of any two (2) of the following: brick or masonry veneer accents, board and batten siding, horizontal siding, or shake siding.
- In order to promote variation in appearance within the community, no home or townhome shall be constructed with either an exterior elevation (front facade) or color palette that is identical to any home on either side of the home/unit, directly across the street from the home/unit. Variations of the front facade shall include a combination of any two of the following:
• Shutters, architectural projections (i.e., cantilever extension), gables, dormers, or bay window.
• Covered front porch, balcony, covered entry, portico, or stoop
• Decorative trim, shake, cornice, horizontal trim, brackets, or air vents/windows on gables
•Trellis or shed roof over garage door.
- Vinyl siding is not permitted; however, vinyl windows, decorative elements and trim are permitted.
- The density of the development shall be limited to 10 dwelling units per gross acre.
- Attached Townhomes will consist of a mix of three (3), four (4), five (5), six (6) unit or seven (7) unit buildings. No more than 50% of the units shall be contained within a seven (7) unit building.
- Within a block consisting of six (6) or fewer units, no elevation may be repeated. Within a block consisting of seven (7) units, a single elevation may only be repeated twice, provided that elevation is not adjacent to same elevation.
- The roofline of attached townhome buildings shall not consist of a single “mass” roof. Rooflines shall be broken up horizontally and/or vertically between every unit by staggering the unit a minimum of 12" or providing a minimum 12" vertical step between units.
- End units of a townhouse building shall include a minimum of three (3) windows on the exterior side elevation and include either trim or shutters and provide a minimum 12-inch overhang or eave on the sides.
- A 40’ undisturbed natural evergreen buffer will remain between this project and the Sunset Forest neighborhood to the east.
- A conceptual site plan has been included as a condition. This site plan has not been through the formal site plan review process but is offered as a visual to support the rezoning.
- 15’ Type C buffer along Bevis Marks Drive shall be entirely evergreen where required.
- Driveway orientation for access to the buildings, and perimeter buffer landscaping shall be consistent throughout the development.