Subdivision: Holston Subdivision
A preliminary subdivision plan has been approved for Holston Subdivision, to be located at 2406 Fleming Road. This development features 83 single-family lots averaging 8,967 square feet with 10.86 acres of open space on 33.44 acres.
Project Status: Proposed
- Preliminary Plans in Review
➙ Preliminary Plans Approval
- Construction Plans in Review
- Construction of Infrastructure
- Construction of Homes
First Capital Investments, LLC
201 Commonwealth Court; Suite 260
Cary, NC 27511
1149 Executive Circle
Cary, N C27511
Residential Medium Density-Conditional Zoning District (RMD-CZD)
- Town Board Approval: 8/2/2021
The Town Board approved Residential Medium Density Conditional Zoning District (RMD-CZD), with the following conditions regarding the use of the property:
- Single Family Detached Homes
The Town Board approved Residential Medium Density Conditional Zoning District (RMD-CZD), with the following site-specific conditions:
- The land shall be developed as an open space development in accordance with Part 9, Article F of the Land Development Ordinance.
- The density of the development shall be limited to 2.5 dwelling units per acre.
- Glazing: Each unit shall have a front door with a minimum of 25% glazing, transom, and/or door sidelights.
- To promote variations in home appearance, no home can be constructed with either an exterior elevation (front facade) or a color palette that is identical to the house on either side or directly across the street from it.
- A varied color palette shall be utilized on homes throughout the subdivision to include a harmonious mix of color families for siding and shall also include various trim, shutter, and accent colors complementing the siding color.
- All homes shall have a 2-car garage minimum.
- Front-facing garage doors will have either decorative window details or carriage style hardware. Garage doors that protrude more than one foot from the front facade or porch will have either a variation in roof form, trimmed window, lights, or a decorative gable vent over the garage door area to minimize the visual impact of the garage facade.
- Variation in front facade shall include at least three of the following:
- Changes in exterior materials such as brick, masonry, board and batten, horizontal siding, or shake siding.
- Changes in rooflines, directions, or materials
- Addition of front dormers, shed roofs, or gables
- Addition/variation of a front porch, balcony, covered entry, portico, or stoop.
- Addition of decorative trim, shake, horizontal trim, gable brackets, or air vents/windows on gables.
- Addition of shutters, window trim, or window grids.
- Addition of trellis or shed roof over garage doors.
- Vinyl siding is not permitted; however, vinyl windows, decorative elements, and trim are permitted.
- Single-family homes shall have a slab or crawl foundation with a minimum of 20" from grade to front elevation finished floor. On the front elevations, the 20" will have masonry such as brick or stone. The side and rear of houses do not have to meet these requirements.
- Rooflines: Rooflines shall be broken up horizontally and vertically along front facade, such that no roofline is in a single mass. No unit on either side or directly across the street shall have the same roofline. The roof for primary structures (excluding porches and bay windows) shall be pitched at 5:12 or greater. Roofs shall have a minimum 12-inch overhang.
- The side elevations of a home that face an existing or proposed public ROW shall include two of the following elements:
- Windows with shutters
- Variation in siding material pattern for at least 20% of the wall area.
- Landscaping enhancements
- Bay, transom, or casement window
- Matching window grids
- Decorative trim, shake, horizontal trim, brackets, or air vents/windows on gables.
- A tot lot with play equipment and sitting benches, along with an accompanying dog park, will be installed in a designated open space area of the community.
- A 15' Type-B Buffer will be provided along the western property boundary north of Fleming Road, and along the northern property boundary west of the Colonial Gas Pipeline easement.