- Board of Commissioners
- Commissioner Bryan Haynes
Commissioner Bryan Haynes
134 N. Main Street, Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
Bryan Haynes is a native of Fuquay-Varina and he's passionate about our town.
He attended Lincoln Heights Elementary School, Fuquay-Varina Middle School, and Fuquay-Varina High School. He then went on to further his education at Winston-Salem State University where he received a bachelor’s in science, an M.A. in Religion from Liberty University, and an Associate’s in Science from Fayetteville Technical Community College.
Bryan is known as a community leader that is enthusiastic about community service. Most recently, he has been a Site Coordinator for Wake County COVID Food Security in Southern Wake County and serves on the Fuquay-Varina Coalition for healthy and safe communities. He also serves as Executive Director for Pine Acres Community Center which is currently working to provide food to over 800 children experiencing food insecurity and is also a distribution site for Meals on Wheels.
Bryan also served on the Complete Count Committee for the 2020 Census and as Chairman of the Town of Fuquay-Varina's Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources Advisory Board. He is a 2015 graduate of the Fuquay-Varina Chamber's Leadership Fuquay-Varina Program. He is a proud member of the Golden Star Lodge #150, Prince Hall Affiliated F.& A.M. Bryan is a member of the Downtown Rotary Club.
When Bryan isn’t doing work in the community, he owns a BBQ business and t-shirt business. Bryan is also doing an apprenticeship at Trice Funeral Home and is an Associate Minister at Bazzel Creek Missionary Baptist Church.
Board of Commissioners Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting, selecting, and hiring a Town Manager and recognizing the role of a professional manager to serve the governing board as a whole
- Establish the general framework under which the Town can meet the needs of the community
- Appoint a Town Attorney
- Set direction by clarifying the Town's mission and purposes and by setting goals for the short and long term
- Adopt policies and ordinances
- Engage in strategy development (annual retreat)
- Understand its own legal and ethical responsibilities
- Enhancing the Town's public image
- Provide citizens opportunities to respectfully comment on public issues
- Making sure that resources are adequate to serve the public and are used for their intended purposes
- Channeling communications appropriately to the Town Manager
- Expecting staff to make independent and objective recommendations
- December 2021 - 2025
Current Town Board of Commissioner Committees
- Public Works Committee, Member
- Public Safety Committee, Member