Single Family Residence Permit Requirements

What is required when permitting a new single family residence?
The following items are required: 

  • Building Permit and Subcontractor List (PDF)
  • Secure Lien Agent at NC Lien Service.  This must be purchased.  
  • Two sets of plans.  We do not accept mirror reverse plans.  Plans must be drawn to scale.  Make sure the engineer's seal is current.
  • Two copies of the plot plan.  Plot plan must be drawn to scale and show all easements related to the property.

For private well and septic permits Wake County Environmental is required, contact or 919-856-7400.  

We must have on file for your company a current Certificate of Insurance (Liability) or a Worker's Compensation Compliance Affidavit