Title VI Nondiscrimination Program
It is the policy of the Town of Fuquay-Varina, NC to ensure that no person shall, on the ground of race, color, national origin, limited English Proficiency, income level, sex, age, or disability, be excluded form participation in, be denied the benefits of or be otherwise subjected do discrimination under any Town program or activity, including, where applicable, religion, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, United States Department of Transportation (DOT) Order 1050.2A, Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 21, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and other pertinent nondiscrimination authorities.
The following practices are hereby prohibited by the Town to comply, at a minimum with Title VI and related requirements:
• Denying to an individual any standard service, financial aid, or other program benefit without good cause;
• Providing any service, financial aid, or other benefit to a person which is distinct in quantity or quality, or is provided in a different manner, from that provided to others under the program;
• Subjecting a person to segregation or separate treatment in any part of a program;
• Restrictions in the enjoyment of any advantages, privileges, or other benefits enjoyed by others;
• Methods of Administration which, directly or through contractual relationships, would defeat or substantially impair the accomplishment of effective non-discrimination;
• Different standards, criteria, or other requirements for admission, enrollment, or participation in planning, advisory, contractual or other integral activities;
• Acts of intimidation or retaliation, including threatening, coercing, or discriminating against any individual for the purpose of interfering with any right or privilege secured by any pertinent nondiscrimination law, or because s/he has made a complaint, testified, assisted, or participated in any manner in an investigation, proceeding, or hearing;
• Discrimination in any employment resulting from a program, a primary objective of which is to provided employment.
To assure that appropriate program measures are implemented and monitored, I have designated Joanne Crabtree as the Town of Fuquay-Varina’s Title VI Coordinator; She can be reached at 919-552-1438 EMAIL. As an expression of my commitment to and support of the Town’s Title VI Non-Discrimination Program, below is my signature as the Town Manager of Fuquay-Varina.
Adam G. Mitchell, Town Manager, December 20, 2020
Town of Fuquay-Varina, NC