A preliminary subdivision plan is in review for Bexford Subdivision, to be located at 6490 Hilltop Road. This open space development features 109 single-family lots averaging 6,025 square feet and 292 townhome lots with 39.96 acres of open space on 64.52 acres.
Project Status: Proposed
- Preliminary Plans in Review
- Planning Board Hearing
- Town Board Hearing
- Preliminary Plan Approval
- Construction Drawing Review
- Construction Drawing Approval
- Construction of Infrastructure
- Construction of Homes
7208 Falls of Neuse Rd, Suite 201
Raleigh, NC 27615
S. Shayne Leathers
2524 Reliance Ave
Apex, NC 27539
Residential Medium Density- Conditional Zoning District
- Town Board Approval: 12/12/19
The Town Board approved Residential Medium Density Conditional Zoning District (RMD-CZD), with the following conditions regarding site-specific standards:
- At the time of the subdivision plan, the property shall be developed in accordance with the Open Space development regulations contained in the Town of Fuquay-Varina's Land Development Ordinance.
- The minimum amount of open space provided shall be 20% of the site.
- All dwelling units shall be subject to the following: a. Garage doors shall contain either windows or carriage style adornments. b. Front-loaded units will utilize a covered porch/stoop area. c. Required Decorative Features: Each unit shall utilize either: a decorative front door (minimum 25% glazing); window transom, door sidelights, or door transom. d. Materials: Siding: At least two (2) of the following materials shall be used on each unit: wood, fiber-cement, metal, masonry brick, brick veneer, masonry stone, stone veneer, or synthetic stone. The use on vinyl siding shall be prohibited, except for trim elements of the dwelling unit facade, instead siding must be fiber cement siding featuring horizontal, shake, or board and batten design.
- In order to promote variation in home appearance, no home can be constructed with an exterior elevation (front facade) or color palette that is identical to the home on either side or directly across the street from it, to provide an anti-monotony development.
- Roofline shall be broken up horizontally and vertically along front facade, such that no roofline is in a single mass. No two adjacent homes shall have the same roofline. 6) Any side or rear facade of a dwelling unit visible from Hilltop Road shall have a covered enclosed porch, and/or decorative trim or shutters around all windows of such facade.
- The perimeter buffer of the subject property shall remain undisturbed to the extent practical. Tree protection fencing shall be required to be installed to ensure the buffer is undisturbed as best as possible during site construction. Additionally, the minimum width of this perimeter buffer shall be 25 feet. If necessary, the buffer shall be supplemented so that it meets Type B buffer requirements as defined in the LDO. Specifically, large evergreen trees installed must also meet LDO requirements and be installed at a minimum of eight
- feet in height and shall be spaced no more than thirty (30) feet apart at the time of planting.