Street Maintenance Issues

Image of Snow PlowPublic roads in Fuquay-Varina are maintained by two entities

The Town of Fuquay-Varina and the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT). Knowing the entity that maintains a particular street or road helps in knowing where and how to report maintenance issues.

State Maintained Roads: Properly maintained state roads will have the road or street name on them and the right corner will have SR with a 4 digit number. To look up other SR roads, go to https://apps.dot.state.nc.us/srlookup/Default.aspx.

Town Maintained Roads: Town maintained roads will have a green sign with only the street name on it.

Privately Maintained Roads: Privately maintained roads will have a yellow marker on the right-side of the street name sign indicating it is privately maintained.

A list of of all Town of Fuquay-Varina roads including Town Maintained, State Maintained and Privately Maintained can be found on the Street/Road Maintenance List page.

How to Report Street Maintenance Issues

State Maintained Roads: To report potholes or other maintenance issues involving state-owned roads, call NCDOT at (919) 733-4768 or go to http://www.ncdot.org/contact/ and use the reporting button.

Town-owned streets: To report potholes and other maintenance issues for town maintained streets, call the Public Works Department at (919) 753-1027.