The Town of Fuquay-Varina Parks and Recreation Department will support our participants that would like to be involved in the Triangle Select Baseball League.
Listed below are the guidelines for teams that are interested in participating in Select Baseball.
Select Baseball Spring 2013 Requirements:
- The Town of Fuquay-Varina Parks and Recreation Department will only allow a max of two(2) teams per age division; 8U, 10U, 12U and 14U.
- All potential Triangle Select League coaches must fill out the Town of Fuquay-Varina Parks and Recreation Department coaches’ application and will be subject to background checks.
- The first two(2) teams in each age group that successfully register with the Triangle Select League, including payment, will be awarded field space as assigned by the Town of Fuquay-Varina Parks & Recreation Department for practices on Sundays and/or Wednesdays only. To verify team registration, coaches must turn in a copy of the Triangle Select League team entry form to the Fuquay-Varina Recreation Department. Deadline to enter teams in the Triangle Select League is February 4, 2013.
- All Recreational teams will have priority over all select teams when scheduling games and practices.
- All Select teams should advertise and conduct at least 2 tryouts between January 7 and February 24 (roster due date for the Triangle Select League). The head coach must submit to the Fuquay-Varina Recreation Department a complete list of participants who try-out and their completed roster by March 1st.
- All Select players must play recreation baseball in the Town of Fuquay-Varina Recreation League as stated in the Triangle Select baseball rules. Each participant must be registered with the Town of Fuquay-Varina Parks & Recreation Department by the last day of the spring 2013 baseball registration. If they are not, they will not be eligible to participate on the select team.
- Each Select team will be responsible for their uniforms, baseballs, equipment, league fees, scorekeepers and umpires. The Town will line and drag ball fields for Select games.
- All Select players MUST attend their recreation team practices and/or games before and over the Select team practices and/or games.
- Being selected to the “Select” team does not mean they will be a coach or participant for the Fuquay-Varina All-Star team at the end of season.
- All approved Select teams are representatives of the Town of Fuquay-Varina Parks and Recreation Department.
For Fall 8U Select Baseball, call Michael Bowling at 919-247-5604 or.