Fuquay-Varina Downtown Dog Park
110 Woodland Drive, Fuquay-Varina, NC View Map
Description: 8 acres. Off leash park for dogs. Free admission.
Facilities: Large breed area (30 pounds and up) and small breed area (under 30 pounds). Sanitary stations, benches and water stations. Lots of shade and play for for your furry friends. Please close gates.
Fuquay-Varina Downtown Dog Park Rules: Owners who fail to abide by rules and regulations are subject to loss of park privileges.
- Park is open 7 a.m. to dusk.
- Dogs shall have on a collar with ID, and must display rabies vaccination tags at all times.
- All dogs are required to utilize designated space, small dogs 30lbs or less and large dogs 30lbs +.
- Spiked collars prohibited.
- Each adult may have a maximum of 2 dogs at a time in the park.
- Any dog with a history of aggressive behavior is prohibited in the park. If your dog shows signs of aggressive behavior, you must remove the dog from the park premises immediately.
- Owners are responsible for any injury or damage caused by your dog. Prevent injuries by supervising your dog at all times. Never leave your dog unattended. If your dog inflicts an injury, give your name and telephone number to the other dog owner before leaving.
- Pick up poop – Scoop your dogs' poop and dispose of it in the containers provided.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed on the premises.
- No food (animal food or people food), treats, or bones are allowed inside the fenced area.
- No littering: wrappers and other litter can be eaten by dogs and cause a choking or digestion hazard which can be life-threatening!
- No smoking inside the dog park.
- No strollers, bicycles, tricycles, big-wheels, wagons, roller-blades, etcetera are allowed in the dog park.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Children 10 and under are not allowed inside the fenced area.
- Dogs under 6 months of age are prohibited.
- Use at own risk.
- All bites must be reported by contacting the Fuquay-Varina Police Department at 919-552-3191 and the Parks and Recreation Department at 919-552-1430 as soon as possible. In case of an Emergency call 911.
Dog Park Guidelines and Tips for Use
- Keep walking or playing- this helps keep the off-leash area "neutral" territory for all.
- Keep your dog on leash until you enter the off-leash areas; carry a leash on you for each dog at all times while in the park.
- Dogs shall be under your visual contact and voice control at all times; stay within close range of your dog.
- Be aware that dogs have different play styles. Talk to your veterinarian, other park users and educate yourself on dog behavior.
- Ensure each gate closes behind you before you enter the next one.
- Fill in any holes your dog digs or make appropriate repairs to disturbed areas.
- Do not bring a dog with a known history of biting or fighting.