Fuquay Mineral Spring Park
105 West Spring Street, Fuquay-Varina, NC View Map
Description: Fuquay Mineral Spring was discovered in the Spring of 1858 by Davey Crocket Fuquay and Stephen Fuquay while plowing on their father's farm. The Mineral Spring was believed to have healing powers and visitors came from far and wide to partake of the mineral waters. Today, the mineral spring is commemorated within the Fuquay Mineral Spring Park. Located near downtown Fuquay, Fuquay Mineral Spring Park offers an easily accessible open space with a restored Springhouse, memorial brick path, picnic tables, footbridge, administrative offices, and finely manicured landscaping.
|Brick walking path|
|Restored spring house|