Yard Sale Permit
Obtaining a Permit
Before conducting a yard sale, residents must obtain a permit. Permits are available in the Finance Office. The cost of the permit is $5 and is payable by cash, check or money order. For questions regarding yard sale permits, please call 919-552-1404.
The following rules apply to all yard sales:
- Permits: Each person conducting a sale shall obtain a permit. The cost of the permit is $5.
- Consignment sales are prohibited (no one shall accept or take in for sale, any goods from any commercial business or enterprise on a consignment basis for a yard sale.
- Signs: One sign advertising such sales may be placed on the property of the residence of the person conducting the sale, and two off site directional signs may be permitted, but only during the hours the sale is actively being conducted. All signs must be removed at the close of the sale's activities or by the end of daylight, whichever occurs first, each day of the sale. No freestanding signs may be placed in the public right-of-way. The application and permit fee for temporary signs is hereby waived.
- Number of sales limited: not more than two such sales per year shall be held at the premises if occupied by the same family or any member of such family. No single sale shall be conducted for longer than 72 hours.
- Please indicate the address of your yard / garage sale on your signs.